Tuesday, July 20

All Done Camping!

Yup, that's right, we are done camping for the summer! It's rather sad to think about, because I really enjoy camping, but we all pretty much look like Allie after our last camping excursion, so I'm definitely not gonna miss that! Usually we try to go camping once or twice a summer and we did make it once this summer, but between going to the bathroom about twenty times in an hour, having an active little one year old, being hotter than ever before, and an impending storm we didn't make it any longer than one night!!
We all had a great time, though- especially Allie and Hailey! Hailey was just happy to be outside, playing in the dirt and the doggie dishes at will- a huge bonus, though, was having her Aunt Kelly and Uncle Ben there to play with her and OP, their dog, to bother! And, for Allie, a huge bonus was running around with OP and playing in the lake!
The highlight for me was Friday night...after my second bathroom visit, Hailey woke up and was cold, so I brought her back to bed with Korey and I and kept her there for the night! She was so sweet to sleep with and I just loved having the excuse to snuggle with her all night. It did mean a night of barely any sleep, but I just treasured each minute that I got to spend snuggling with my baby girl. The sweetest part, though, was feeling Jackson move while snuggling with Hailey...it made me happy to be a Mom of two and even more excited to meet baby Jack!
I think the highlight for Korey was FISHING and buying a new rod and hat at the St Croix rod shop. I think that shop is the one reason that Korey has always wanted to live in Philips. (I guess I should love that part, too, 'cause it means that I already have Korey's anniversary present bought!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment