Monday, March 1

ahhh...it's Monday!!

I'm probably alone in my sentimental love for Mondays, but I'm not sure it's something that I'll ever get over! I guess it goes back to my deep rooted desire and perhaps need for life to be predictable and run by a routine!! If you would have asked me a few years ago if I was like that I would have said "absolutely not- throw anything at me! I love to be spontaneous". I guess all that changed when I became a mother- or maybe, more accurately, that's when my real "self" began it's push to the surface! :) There is just something wonderful and normal about Mondays after a weekend of running and playing and eating whenever you feel like it. Don't get me wrong- I love nothing more than just kicking back, not having to cook dinner and just relaxing and spending time with Korey, but a few days of that is enough for me and I enjoy the break from it and the solitude that a Monday morning brings to me! I can once again enjoy my yogurt and granola while slowly picking my way through my bible reading. I think that Hailey enjoys Mondays, too, because she always sleeps in and almost always takes really nice naps. (I think a lot of that is make up from the weekend when she barely sleeps...)
Here's Hailey and I enjoying our sunny Monday morning!
when she got up from her nap I put her on the floor with her sippy cup and she scooted (on her back) until she was in the sun! :)

It reminded me of when she was just a tiny baby...she had a little bit of jaundice and she cried so much, so I would take her clothes off and lay her in the sun! She would stop crying for at least a half hour and she would just lay there as happy as a clam!! Apparently you never outgrow your love of laying in the sunshine! :)
For the first time I gave Hailey a snack in a cup and she didn't spill it on the ground! It might have helped that it was craisins and she loves them, but I was pretty impressed. I think my little baby is growing up! :)
"so big!" (her newest trick...it's sooo cute!)
her first outfit of the day...eating pears for breakfast! Both of our favorite food! :)
Aren't her eyes just gorgeous in this pic??? I think it must be the blue sweatshirt! Wow. I think I need to buy her more blue stuff! :)

Happy Monday to you all!! Hailey and I love you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment