Sunday, December 19

how can I be sad??

with two beautiful kids??
I ask myself this question a few times a day, but for some reason I still find the ability to be...
I don't know what it is or why I feel like it, but there are times that I just can't seem to shake it. That's why I needed the sermon at church today! Pastor Engle is doing a sermon series for Christmas and today it was on Mary's Praise- and God's Involvement in our lives! I definitely needed the reminder that God is mindful, mighty, the mastermind, and merciful! What struck me the most is that God, in his omnipotence, can give me his undivided attention. There aren't many times that I get undivided attention from anyone and it is so comforting to know that God is paying attention to all of my fears, my cries and my insecurities! And, not only that, but He already knows all of that is in me! He's the mastermind behind who I am and if God is mighty enough for me to follow His will and His purpose, then He is mighty enough to see me through it! I often think, along with the Psalmist of Psalm 8, "what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?" But, I'm so thankful that He does!! And, I'm so thankful that He's my guide, my teacher and He's going to walk with me the whole way!
I feel like King Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel when he says, "at the end of the days, I lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me" (Daniel 4:34a) I don't know if I'll struggle with feeling sad for the rest of my life, or if God will deliver me from it, but I do know that if I continue to lift my eyes toward heaven and keep my focus on the Lord Jesus, then my reason will be returned to me! I heard someone say once that fearing the Lord meant to put God where He belongs in your life and I need to remember that. I need to keep my focus on Jesus, where it belongs.
Amy Carmichael says,
"Bare heights of loneliness...a wilderness whose burning winds sweep over glowing sands, what are they to Him? Even there He can refresh us, even there He can renew us."
That is what this bone weary woman needed- a reminder that God can refresh my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment