Sunday, October 24

an attitude of grattitude!

I have so many things to be thankful for and sometimes I loose sight of that! I've been trying hard to make a conscious effort, every day, to write down and thank God for at least a few of the things that He has blessed me with that day! Today, I thought I'd share a few of them with you all:
I'm soooo thankful for good friends! I've never been a girl who's good at having a best friend- in fact, Korey tells me that I'm not best friend material ;)- but, I have had a few friends who have been in my life for a while and who I consider good and dear friends! If you ask me a good friend really is the person you can call or go visit when you need a shoulder to cry on, a listening ear to rant to, or someone to give you a break and this week I've done all three of those with two of my good friends and it's just been a blessing for me to have them in my life!
(and in Hailey and Jackson's life) I'm so thankful that Hailey loves her little brother...she just can't get enough of the "baby" at our house and does anything in her power to get closer to him and keep an eye on him! I'm also thankful that she's so creative- who else would come up with the idea to climb up in her toy basket to get closer to the baby??!! I really hope and pray that I don't "beat" the creativeness out of her before she's old enough to use it for good things! :)

here's her creative genius at work...I think she's taking a break and chewing on the back of her paint brush waiting for inspiration to strike! ;)

I'm so thankful for my short and petite little girl who can still fit into the little bumbo seat...I have been giving many minutes of rest as Hailey, her dolls, and her bunny take turns sitting in this seat!

I'm sooo incredibly thankful for my two sweet children! They keep my life interesting and full- who could ask for more than that?!

I'm just thankful for sweet moments like this, in a world filled with chaos and stress I always know that I can come home, dance with Hailey, smile with Jackson or snuggle up on the couch with both of them for story time and that just makes me happy!

Thank you, dear Jesus, for giving me the perfect children for our family! Thank you, for perfectly equipping me to be their Mom and for promising me that I'm not on my own and that I don't have to do this all alone!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post!!! You're exactly right! Blessings, indeed!

    Hugs!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete