Wednesday, January 1

A New Year

2013 was a great year- filled with lots of new stuff...it's the first time in 5 years I haven't had a baby in the house, we bought our dream house and sold our favorite little house, Hailey started school, I led my first bible study, I saw my sister bring her first born into the world, the kids grew so much and learned so much and we did a lot of fun and exciting things that it's hard not to be excited about what 2014 might have to hold!
I'm an eternal optimist and 
I've always kind of had a love affair with new things. 
I love the fresh feelings of new things.
 The New Year has always been fun-
 a chance to set new goals, get a new calendar, have a clean slate, start afresh. 
This year, though, I decided not to start out with some grand plans...mostly because I find they fizzle out fairly quickly, but a lot because I don't want to struggle with getting frustrated and irritated when my plans don't necessarily line up with God's.
 I don't have any clue what my year might hold.
I know that I'll be frustrated,
that we'll have bad days.
I know I'll discipline 
and feel like I'm getting nowhere.
I know that I'll have days where I'll need a "do-over"
I know that some days I'll need more grace than others
I know that my kids will make me laugh 
and probably cry
I know I'll still have to grocery shop
and feed my family
I know I"ll have to clean
and do laundry
I know that Korey will work late and long hours
and I'll feel lonely
I know that we'll have struggles and fights...
but I also know that 
God's grace will be enough.
He promises never to leave more nor forsake me 
and I'm fairly certain He won't go back on that promise this year.
 I want to..
 laugh more with my kiddos
 have more dance parties
 stress less about getting Hailey to school on time 
 snuggle more
wrestle with my boy more 
read more stories 
get some new pictures of the kids
 have more tea parties
 bake more cookies and bread with Hailey
 say Yes more-
both to Jesus and to my kiddos
 embrace the chaos
 date my husband more
 give grace to my kids, to myself and to my husband
and to my friends, too
I really just want to strive and stress less and rest in Christ more

And, because I just can't help myself...I chose 3 little verses for my year :
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but only what is good for edification that it may minister grace to the hearers.
Romans 11:6
But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace would no longer be grace.
May you have a blessed New Year...and wear underwear on your head a few days :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment