Wednesday, February 16

we've been bitten...

by the sickness bug!
I really do blame myself. I was just saying to someone the other day that we'd made it through the whole winter without anything more major than a simple cold....why, why, why did I have to say something???? There are many times in my life where my mouth gets me into trouble and you'd think that one day I'd just learn to keep it shut, but I guess I'm a slow learner!! So, ok, maybe I didn't really cause us to get sick with my "mouthyness", but whatever the reason for this sickness in our house I sure am sorry!! Both kids have just been bears and completely miserable and Korey, usually my rock and my "break" when he gets home from work has been working late and sick himself!! :(
Here's how you know that your kids are sick...
*your two year old lays on the couch and watches the whole Elmo movie...and then cries because she wants to watch it again!

*your baby has a fever, so you strip him down to his onesie and it seems so commonplace that you take a picture of him without getting him dressed!

*your usually smiley baby doesn't smile and you consider it an accomplishment to get a picture without tears...
*you get to rock both of your kiddos to sleep in the same 24 hour span- who cares if it's in the middle of the night- for kids who hate to be snugled and cuddled, I'll take anything I can get! :)
*you beg your mom and offer to pay for her gas if she'll just come up and watch your kids for a few hours so you can get out of the house and hang out with someone who isn't crying, wiping snot on your shirt, or needing to be held!!
As I write this Jack is sitting on my lap and Hailey's in bed sleeping- no tears for the moment and I'm praying that this trend will continue!
"For we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us" 2 Corinthians 4:7- without Christ and His strength and peace and patience, I would not be a very good Mom this past week. I'm so thankful that He can and does show His power through me!

No comments:

Post a Comment