Tuesday, November 12

A special day!

This sweet boy asked Jesus into his heart this morning at the breakfast table. The kids sweet friend, Norah, had prayed and asked Jesus into her heart yesterday and her mom brought special cupcakes to celebrate and as I told the kids what they were jack asked "have I ever asked Jesus into my heart?" I told him he could, if he believed that Jesus died on the cross for his sins and if He rose again to give us His goodness. And he said he wanted to! 
I am truly convinced that there is no greater privilege as a mom than to be the one to listen in as your child says "dear Jesus, please forgive my sin and come into my heart to live forever so that I can go to heaven and be by you" I cried happy tears and hailey cheered and clapped- then burst into tears at the thought of her brother going to heaven and not staying at our house forever. :)
"Thank you, dear Jesus, for dying for me, for my boy and for my girls! Thank you for choosing jack to be a member of your family and for calling him out! Thank you for the work you did in preparing Jackson's heart and the work I know you will continue to do for the rest of his life! Thank you that it is by Your grace that we are all saved" 
For by grace you are saved, through faith, and not of yourselves, it is a gift of God, not of works- so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8,9

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!!! Trevor just asked Jesus into his heart on the 11th! It is indeed a privilege to hear them accept the Lord as their Saviour! (also love that Hailey burst into tears at the thought of Jack leaving home someday---so sweet!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! for Trevor- what an exciting day for him, too!! Definitely one of the highlights of a momma's life, isn't it?! Hailey is a sweet and sensitive big sister. :)

      Delete