Wednesday, October 16

a new chapter...

I basically helped welcome a new baby into this world to come home and move my babies out of their cribs and into toddler beds. Nothing like driving home the fact that my babies are no longer babies!! 
On Monday Maysen and Maelle started climbing out of their cribs...on Tuesday they were climbing onto the top rail of their crib and jumping off. So, Tuesday night the m&m's moved to toddler beds! 
It was a little bit of a rough start...
I pretty much cleared out the whole room before naptime, shut the closet doors, and sat outside the bedroom door listening, but somehow they still managed to do this-
we now have a whole entire box of Sam's Club wipes in ziploc bags and one momma who is very thankful that she hasn't folded her babies clothes in months, so they were a lot easier to just shove back in totes and into the closet. (yes, somehow those little buggers figured out how to quietly open the closet door) 
apparently the idea of sleeping in a toddler bed was more exciting than the actual sleeping in a toddler bed!
The first night was pretty rough and the first two naps were rough...but, here's to hoping for easier and better days ahead :) I figure they have to get the hang of it soon, right?! 

1 comment:

  1. You're a brave woman. I am so not looking forward to this. I think Ave was 2.5 when we switched her. These 3, I'm hoping we can manage until they're 3.

    ReplyDelete