Thursday, July 30

Hailey is standing on her own...for a little bit anyways!

Hailey has been standing in her jumperoo and just playing with her toys more than just jumping, lately! It's crazy...those little legs are just strong! So, the other day, I decided to have her stand up and hold herself- amazingly, she did super well! She held herself for about a minute before she got bored and tried to play with something on the floor! :) I guess all that playing with Dad and standing on his legs is paying off!! If you call your 6 month old being able to stand for a little while a good thing...I'm not sure it is. I think I'm turning into one of those Moms who can't stand the idea of her baby growing up. I don't think I like it, either. I never wanted to be one of those Mom's, but I just can't help it. I look back at the sweet little baby she was when she was born and how she loved to just be cuddled and sit on my lap and I miss that. She doesn't really like to snuggle and cuddle anymore...sometimes, but not often. She does like to cuddle in the mornings and when we're reading and I definitely cherish those times, but to be honest, I really do miss rocking her to sleep. She is so sweet when she's nursing, but even those times are getting to be less and less and shorter and shorter!! I'm definitely going to miss that when she's weaned...I guess I'll just have to get used to it and prepare myself for the inevitable. And,I guess, with a face like this...who cares what age and what skill level she is- she'll always be adorable and sweet to her Mommy! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment